So many thanks to Kayleigh over at The Pigeon and the Peacock for nominating me for the 2017 Liebster Award. My favorite post of Kayleigh’s was her Liebster Award Nomination post. I love reading fun facts about those who I follow. It gives me a sense of getting to know them just a little bit better. Plus, I also love her humor section on her blog. As a mom, I know exactly how she feels. I really loved the Brush Your Teeth song. I hope that one day, she will come up with a Go to Sleep song! Another post of hers that I liked was under the food section. It was about homemade applesauce. This is something that I really want to try and make because my kids love applesauce. To the point where the last time I bought it, they ate the whole six pack in one day.
What is the Liebster Award?
Well, it is an award for new blogger who have 200 or less in followers or subscribers. The award is given by bloggers to bloggers to be discovered and to also connect and support the blogging community.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award?
Back in 2011, the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
1 Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2 Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
3 For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4 Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
6 Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
7 List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8 Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
Please note that the above rules were taken directly from The Global Aussie.
Here are the questions that Kayleigh asked on her blog for the nominees
1. What is your favorite snack? My favorite snack is Cantina Style Tortilla chips
2. What was your favorite subject in school? My favorite subject in school was my newspaper class
3. What TV show keeps you glued to the screen? There are several that I like. They are NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Scandal, Hawaii Five – O, and The Ranch
4. Who do you look up to or gain inspiration from? I gain inspiration from all bloggers. It makes me feel as if I can really succeed at what I’m doing.
5. What is your favorite thing to write about in your blog? Real life stuff like issues in a marriage, troubles with my kids, reviews on products, everyday struggles, and my faith.
6. What keeps you motivated to keep blogging? My kids and husband. My dream is to eventually get more followers and to help others when they need it.
7. What is one of your favorite comments you’ve received about your blog (in person, on your site or on social media) and why did it brighten your day? I love hearing people say that they love my humor in my one post about my kids.
8. What would you say your primary love language is (words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time or physical touch)? Quality time and physical touch are my primary love language.
9. What is an inspirational quote or a personal rule that you live by? As funny as it sounds, it is a quote from one of Dr. Seuss’ books. “The more that you read, the more things that you know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
10. Have you ever felt like you were in a Kobayashi Maru scenario and what did you do? (Bonus points if you didn’t have to google what that means!). All the time everyday! Between trying to be an awesome mom blogger, homeschooling my kids for the time being, and doing online classes for my Bachelors degree, it can be a bit overwhelming at times.
11. Share a tip for how you encourage yourself when you are feeling down. I keep the Bible verse “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
More random things about me
1. I love to knit. So far, I have only made dish cloths, hats, scarves, and a shawl for myself. I want to eventually knit some Amigurumi dolls and animals as well as a blanket.
2. I still sleep with a blanket on top of my pillow. I do still have my actual baby blanket but it is put up because a friend’s washing machine tore it into three pieces.
3. My first pet was a beagle named Snoopy.
4. I love to cook but I abhor cleaning.
5. I’m a self professed crazy coffee lady.
6. I know the theme song to “Little Einsteins”.
7. My favorite pots and pans to cook in are my cast iron.
8. I love to color and I have several adult coloring books. (Ever noticed how dirty that phrase sounds?)
9. My favorite colors are dark purple, blue, black, burgundy, and pink.
10. My two favorite stores are Sephora and Bath and Body Works.
Want to be nominated? Comment below! And I will email you a list of questions for you to answer so that I can get to know you better.Tags: blog, Liebster Award Nominee